After receiving an affiliate-related email about how Love With Food recently changed their prices and actually viewing the prices, I decided to sign back up for their box! I enjoyed receiving their box a lot, but I wasn’t able to continue with them because of their former prices being too high for what I was receiving, as I couldn’t always enjoy everything in the box. When I unsubscribed a while back, it was because their boxes were becoming nuttier and nuttier—to the point that I couldn’t enjoy much of anything provided in the box.
(Dearest Love With Food, I did vote the nut-free box option. I have hopes that one day soon you’ll announce its release!)
July 2015’s theme was Surfin’ USA—and I had the Mavericks box.
This might be my favorite box yet. I know I haven’t ordered a box since last year, so maybe Love With Food has had better curated boxes this year already, but we’ll see… I’m a picky eater, but subscription boxes convince me to try new things every now and then… and they help me discover and taste products I wouldn’t otherwise know about or try.
- Kids’ Organic Sour Citrus Chews by Honey Stinger — These are sweet… and they are made with honey. As soon as I opened the package, I earned a whiff of the smooth scent of honey. My pouch contains 100 percent of the recommended daily amount of Vitamin C, which is also pretty amazing. They taste much better than the junk food fruit chews out there. These are organic and gluten-free.
- Gum Pops by Glee Gum — The difference between these and Blow Pops is that you actually get something to suck on and enjoy. There is also a weighed-down feeling I have when eating other bubblegum-filled candy, and I don’t get that with these. Glee Gum’s Gum Pops are currently the world’s only natural gum pops, according to their accompanied info card. I had “Juicy Orange”, which was extremely orange-y. These are non-GMO, vegetarian, Certified Kosher, and free of additives, gluten, yeast, and the eight major food allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, egg, milk, fish, Crustacean shellfish, soybeans). Soy is present in the facility, however. (See their FAQ for more info.)
- Hawaiian BBQ Chips by One Potato Two Potato — Honestly, these taste just like regular BBQ-flavored kettle chips. I was hoping for a tangier BBQ zing to them, as I love barbecue and am quite cultured in that area. I wouldn’t mind trying their Sweet Onion or Sweet Potato flavors. These are gluten-free.
- True Lemon, True Lime, True Orange, and True Grapefruit by True Citrus — 25 percent of the recommended daily value of Vitamin C is offered up in these packets of crystallized fruits. They’re gluten-free and contain 0g of sugar. You can add them to drinks, like teas and water, and you can also add them to recipes and cook with them. It is literally just crystallized fruit. YUM. I added my orange packet to my water. There is also a line designed for cooking, baking and seasoning… I’m going to have to get some!
- Organic Fruit Snack by Fruigees — Those applesauce pouches for
kidsadults… that is what this is like. My flavor was 24 Carrot Orange, and it was great! I wouldn’t be opposed to trying the other flavors. These are gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan and organic.
- Lean Cuisine — I received a complimentary coupon to pick out the one I wanted… and also because it wouldn’t have lasted as long had they included an actual frozen dinner in the box, ya know. I have yet to use it.
Not reviewed are nut-related things, which I’m giving to Charlise when I see her next.
If you loved this post, please share or buy me a pretzel: