I was tagged by Angie to receive an award I’ve never heard of before. Her and the trail of people before her made their own awards for it and, after some research to find its original look, I decided to just make my own as well. Because I’ve never heard of it before, I searched for it. The award actually traces back to early 2010, and then it stops. Anyway, I also made a smaller one with just the initials if you decide to do this and choose to not make your own. They’re both transparent, too.
The whole idea of the sunshine award is that you nominate 11 bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative and inspiring.
- You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post.
- Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
- Write 11 questions for them to answer.
- Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 Random facts about me
- I go through 1-2 water bottles per hour on average. That’s almost 24 a day. Water bottles are bought in bulk. Don’t believe me?
- I’m actually not a girly person as classified by society’s view of a girly person. I just like girly things, like zebra stripes or flower filing folders.
- To please people, I came up with a story behind 6birds in late 2010. There’s actually no interesting story aside from 9birds.net being taken. “6birds” is 6 characters, though, so I suppose it’s more fitting. Nothing drove me to choose 6 instead of 8 or 4 or anything.
- Continued from 3, most of my life I’ve had to make impulse decisions. 6birds is an example of one of those impulse decisions. So there’s obviously no cheesy story about what the phrase “6birds” means to me. It’s just the name of a project that, over time, has meant a lot to me. That’s how many things are for me.
- I actually love birds. I collect owls. I purchased an orange owl-shaped candle from Earthbound Trading Company in early 2012 for $4 just because it was an owl. I also collect triangular things, but I have more triangle-related things than owl things.
- Because I’m lactose intolerant and have a milk allergy, I can’t have ice cream. I rarely ever do… Could you go a year without ice cream? 😉
- I’m prone to ear infections. I’ve went to the hospital at least three times and have been temporarily deaf in one or both ears twice because of them.
- I don’t think I want to have my own children via birth. Since I was little, I’ve wanted to adopt. Labor just scares me and, chances are, I’m most likely allergic to the stuff pregnant women usually get. I’d love to adopt a few kids.
- I love Etsy because of the many homemade shops. There’s just so many there, from Scrabble drink coasters[1. I can’t find/remember the store’s link. :(] to skull hair clips (both of which I own from giveaways).
- I find coloring with crayon to be quite relaxing at times.
- I feel as though as I can constantly feel my family judging every action I take/move I make.
- How long have you been blogging?
Three years consecutively.
- If you weren’t blogging you would be _________
I’d probably still be in preppy resource site land and be hated by others like bloggy me. Or I’d probably be dancing. Not sure.
- What is your favorite animal and why?
Cats. They’re cawesome.
- What do you love most about the internet?
It brings together a big world and makes it seem so small.
- If you could be anything you wanted to be, what would you choose?
I’ve always wanted to be one of those professional dancers in movies.
- How old were you when you got your first computer?
I know I was under 10.
- What is your favorite color?
Grey works, right?
- What is your second favorite hobby outside of blogging?
- If the zombie apocalypse hit, how long do you think you’d survive?
That’s a depressing question. 🙁
- Where do you live (country or state)?
- Where is one place you want to visit before you die?
(It’s totally optional.)
- Christine at curls.nu
- Dez at shes.slothly.org
- Georgie at hey.georgie.nu
- Hiro at ange.pw
- Jessica at lovedreamscouture.org
- Kya at kya.nu
- Liv at ethetica.net
- Marshmallow at mallowdrop.me
- Nancy at colorfulistic.net
- Robin at mrsrobinl.com
- Steph at blog.flutyocarina.net
[spoiler /My questions/ /Got 'em!/]
- What was your first date like?
- What’s your favorite TV series overall?
- What movie that you watched in 2013 is now your favorite?
- What’s the weirdest movie you’ve ever watched?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- How did you get into blogging? Why do you blog?
- What piece of clothing in the fashion industry will you never wear? Why not?
- What’s your favorite snack?
- What’s your favorite experience from this year?
- What kind of camera(s) do you own? How did you get it/them? (Phones do not count.)
- Do you celebrate Halloween? How?
If you loved this post, please share or buy me a pretzel:
I love reading these fact posts. 😀
Thank you so much for nominating me. *hug*
Thank you for tagging me! I am not going to do it because I have chosen to keep this blog award-free (it seems that if I post an award from one person, I start getting tagged by others, and then I do a bunch of obligatory posts that I don’t have much enthusiam for). I appreciate you thinking of me, though. 🙂
I respect you wanting to adopt…and I am sure those children will become your own, even if you did not give birth to them.
Have you tried any lactose-free ice creams?
I’ve tried Philly Swirl, which is fat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, lactose-free, egg-free, nut-free and soy-free. It’s Italian ice cream, though, which isn’t like the general ice cream most people thing of when they hear “ice cream”. :p It’s really good; we have a box in the freezer.
I understand your reasoning for not wanting to do it. :p I don’t really get tagged all that often, so I do them every once in a while. (When I remember to.) If I see my other friends getting tagged, I’ll wait and include their questions in one post when/if I get tagged. It’s just easier that way.
Ah, by ‘own’, I meant by blood. I do agree that adopted children become my own, and I know I wouldn’t treat them any differently. I’ll fix that wording. :p